Do you have a passion for overseas and Indigenous mission and development work, with skills in networking and fundraising?
GMP has two roles that they are specifically looking to fill: one being a National Church Relationship Manager, and the other a National Major Gift Manager position.
Click here for more information and position descriptions.
Scott Combridge has ministered at Hewett Community Church/Gawler Church of Christ for the past 13 years. The church is still considered a pioneering congregation, partnering with the Hewett Council to manage a dedicated function and community centre.
A partnership of this type wasn’t unusual. The church had previously partnered with the Hewett Council and Education Department in South Australia, establishing a school, community centre and church on the one site. It was a communal hub for the then new suburb of Hewett.
The Gawler area now has 14 churches and as the time with the Hewett Centre and Hewett Council came to an end, the church sought Jesus for a renewed vision. During this time of searching, the church explored moving out of the town of Gawler. There are many rapidly expanding housing estates in surrounding municipalities that also need a church presence. The Lord however led them further into the heart of Gawler to 132 Murray Street, continuing 100 years of service to the town.
The purchase of the new property took more than two years of searching but was definitely God-timed. The congregation’s faithful giving enabled CCFS to approve a new mortgage to help cover the purchase and renovation costs for the new property. It was a genuine answer to prayer. The church’s commitment to the central shopping strip has excited locals and those who walk through the doors are in awe of the result.
CCFS are delighted and blessed to have helped this congregation’s vision become a reality. And though the real work now begins, the church gives thanks in prayer often for that which they have been entrusted. Please pray that God will continue to use this church as a beacon of hope in the beautiful town of Gawler.
The Victor Harbor Church of Christ is currently seeking a full-time minister
The position of Senior Pastor works closely with Church Leadership Team, primarily to provide teaching, leadership and team development. In general the Church Leadership Team is responsible for governance and vision. The Senior Pastor is responsible for teaching and leadership. Ministry Team Leaders manage and oversee departments and church ministry. All the congregation are seen as ministers exercising their gifts within the wider context.
We are looking for a proactive, energetic follower of Jesus with experience in teaching and leading a growing church community. They will have the ability to articulate a vision which inspires leaders to bring people along a journey.
General requirements include:
- Giftedness in connecting with a broad diverse community in a leadership role.
- Experience in effective teaching, preaching and leadership.
- An excellent reputation and character that is above reproach.
- Successful work history
- Suitable qualifications for the role.
- A Godly, disciplined personal life and capacity.
- A passion to see people come to know and love God personally.
- An ability to integrate new people into the life of the Church
- High EQ and ability to work with others.
- Ability to embrace and work within a Church of Christ community.
- A current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
This position is a full time role. If you have a sense of calling and desire to serve at Victor Harbor Church of Christ and you would like to join a loyal, motivated and passionate team, we would like to discuss this possibility with you.
Salary will be offered under the terms of the Church of Christ SA/NT recommendations. Assistance will be provided with relocation if required.
Please apply with:
- Your availability
- Your resume
Applications and enquiries can be sent to Grant Spangenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Earn up to 4.75%* on term investments and support mission!
Check out the Churches of Christ Financial Services (CCFS) website today for more information:
- Phone 1300 My CCFS (1300 69 2237)
- Email email@example.com
- Web www.ccfsaustralia.org.au
* an additional bonus 0.50% for new investments.
New 12 month and 24 month term investment with new investment bonus.
Updated: 09 March 2023
Please find attached our Spirng Newsletter
Minister Profile Role Specification
Berri Church of Christ
The Berri Church of Christ Leadership Team are seeking to appoint a fulltime Minister commencing after February 17th 2023, with an initial term of 5 years.
We are seeking someone who will provide biblically based teaching (God’s word being inherent) and who will work together with the Holy Spirit as teacher and guide to equip God’s church, to build intimacy with Christ and grow together in God. To encourage and support members to understand God’s truths and application to their lives and how to share the gospel with others.
We believe that God is calling us into a vibrant ministry that supports and reflects Christ love for one another and our wider community. This will include encouraging those who come into fellowship to accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour, to be baptised by full immersion and to receive and use the gifts of the Holy spirit in worship, fellowship and as individuals.
· Mature in Christ and committed to a personal relationship with Christ, being directed and led by the Holy Spirit
· Committed to work with Leadership as a team and provide oversight of the church members, supporting their vision and mission
· To be highly proficient in the teaching of God’s word and pastoral care
· Inclusive and welcoming of others within the guidelines
· of God’s word, supporting them to become ‘Christ like’ and live according to God’s word
· To participate in Church fellowship, study groups, outreach and the mission of the church
· To be an effective communicator with the young and elderly and supporting their growth in Christ and roles in the church
· Eligible for accreditation as a minister with Churches of Christ SA & NT
· Prepared to consider long term ministry with Berri Church of Christ
· Willing to work with other regional churches to support the work of God’s Kingdom
· Willing to participate in Churches of Christ SA State Office activities and planning
· Proficient IT skills
Expressions of Interest for this position, including C.V., will be received up to May 30th 2022 and should include a covering letter addressing the above essential and desirable requirements.
Expressions of interest can be initially directed to Garry Pinnington: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this edition you will find:
An article by Leanne Sanders
Information from CareWorks and Global Mission Partners
Who has been awarded and OAM and who is retiring
Easter Camp and SYG info
and more .....
The Subiaco Church of Christ in Perth is searchiong for their new senior minister.
Please follow the link below for the position description and more information about the Subiaco Church of Christ.
In this edition you will find:
Messages from our State Minister and our President
News from the Colonel Light Gardens Church of Christ
World Day of Prayer info
Youth and Young Adults Network key dates for 2022